How the Wheelchair-Bound Get Around Western North Carolina
If you are traveling to any area with your wheelchair, you want to know as much as possible about how to get around. Asheville is a great city to visit as it abounds with wide sidewalks and accessible businesses. There is excellent shopping, world-class food, beautiful art, and high-quality medical care throughout the region. However, you have to get from place to place with your wheels. Here is what you need to know about getting around the region with your wheelchair:
- Public Transportation: ART (Asheville Rides Transit) buses servicing the Asheville area are all ADA compliant. Each bus accommodates wheelchair users with lifts, wheelchair security areas, and priority seating for the differently-abled. You can find more information about ART here. Remember to call ahead or visit the website for the bus schedule if you do plan on using public transportation.
- RideShare Services: Some rideshare apps do provide a limited measure of wheelchair accessibility. You will need to do some research ahead of time to ensure that such access is provided in a medium-sized city like Asheville.
- Loyal Lifts Transportation: Loyal Lifts Transportation is proud to provide wheelchair accessible transportation to the city’s residents and visitors. We provide chauffeur quality, personal service in a customized, luxuriously updated vehicle, custom-designed to accommodate mobility issues and disability. Advantages to riding with Loyal Lifts include:
- Ability to schedule your rides ahead of time, so all you have to worry about is enjoying Asheville.
- The safety and security of being able to research and know the company and driver before you strap in.
- Shuttle services from the airport to all of the places in Asheville you want to go.
- Wheelchair accessible van service when you need it, so you do not have to worry about following the public transportation schedule.
Where You Can Go With Quality Wheelchair Accessible Transportation
There is a lot to see and do in Asheville. Once you have secured your transportation, here is a shortlist of ideas for where to go and what to do:
- Downtown Asheville: The heart of the largest city in western North Carolina, downtown Asheville is mostly made up of eclectic small businesses and restaurants. If you think it might be too busy for your taste but still want to enjoy a downtown experience, try Weaverville, Black Mountain, or Hendersonville.
- Wheelchair Accessible Trail: If you want to experience nature while still holding onto your wheels, there are several wheelchair accessible trails in our area. The French Broad River Greenway and Weaver Park Trail offer paved greenway options that provide views, peaceful settings, and water features. You may also enjoy the Botanical Gardens at Asheville and the Asheville Arboretum.
- The River Arts District: One of the main attractions in Asheville, the RAD continues to grow and becomes more wheelchair accessible as it does. There are scores of galleries to check out, a beautiful newly built greenway along the river, as well as a number of restaurants, parks and outdoor spaces.
- Shopping: From Biltmore Village to the Asheville Outlets, there are plenty of great options for shoppers in Asheville.
- Celebrations: For those visiting the city to celebrate weddings and graduations, Loyal Lifts can take care of your transportation from the moment you arrive till you are ready to return to the airport.
- Medical Care: If you are in the city for medical care, Loyal Lifts Transportation can get you where you need to go.
Loyal Lifts Transportation is your go-to option for comfortable and convenient wheelchair accessible transportation in Asheville, NC. If you or a loved one need a good and reliable way to travel throughout the area, contact Loyal Lifts Transportation today.